Nov 14, 2013

Informal Policies

Hi, Washingtonians,

I was so shocked by the great disparity in numbers between myself and John Drescher in the election, that I momentarily broke my rule about not conceding before the official verification of the vote count by election officials, and thus effectively did so by wishing Drescher good luck in his coming council tenure in my "The Wider Community" post of Nov. 5.  The only reason that I took that sentiment down was that I decided to return to this rule, a general rule that I implemented for my campaigns after I learned about the other curious election of '04 in 2010.  If the facts bear out as they currently seem to indicate, more than likely I will be issuing a good sportsmanlike concession statement through this blog after verification.  Fun nicknames and such on this blog are all good-natured joshing as N.P.R. is wont to do from time to time to keep this blog from being a dry political site, though I try not to go overboard, but political and government officials, and a handful of famous, politically-oriented private citizens, wouldn't get a lot of sympathy for being very sensitive about the soft jokes on these various blogs by the Party of Commons.

- Mark Greene, N.P.R. editor and candidate

[revised on 11/16/13]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just Stein Left